Divorce Do’s and Don’ts

There are some rather dear cut rules that apply to every divorce. Pay heed to these rules and your divorce will be easier and less painful for all involved. Have Reasonable Expectations. You will certainly be disappointed if you expect to “win” on every issue. Rarely is either party happy about every ruling in a […]

Read More

Must Have for newly practicing attorneys

Florida Legal Secretary

Do you have someone guiding you there your legal case step by step ? If not you need to buy Florida Legal Secretary by Kathleen Hill. It is the most comprehensive guide you can buy and it is the solo practitioners best friend. It not only comes with priceless information. The companion CD contains well over 100 forms that are ready for use. I use it and it has helped my practice enormously.

Practical Legal Advice: Avoiding Repossession

In these tough economic times you may feel that when it comes to having your car repossessed you have run out of options and its inevitable. But even if you are behind on your car payments you can avoid repossession. While a creditor can act in any way allowed by Florida law, repossession is not always their first choice. In many, if not most, instances where a debtor is late on a payment, the creditor will attempt to collect payments instead of repossessing the collateral. In some instances you can negotiate with the creditor and resume payments without further damaging your credit.

This not meant to replace consultation with a lawyer while this information is provided by Carolyn R. Jones a licensed Florida attorney to protect your rights you should always confer with an attorney which is a important decision not to be taken lightly.

Practical Legal Advice: Modifying Child Support

If you’ve ever tried to modify a Child Support Agreement, it can be very challenging.The legal standard for the modification is a substantial change in circumstances. That means that whether you are trying to lower or increase your child support payments you must demonstrate that things have changed a great deal and a decrease or increase is merited. Once you decide to file for a modification you will need to file a petition in court. You can get all the necessary forms at flcourts.org this is the Florida supreme court website. These forms come with instructions and are easy to fill out and are available for free. You can also call your local attorney for Pro Se help these services are available for a fee however, these fees are less than those for full legal services.

Note the hiring of an attorney is a serious decision not to be taken likely if you have any questions contact me at lawofficeofcarolynjones@gmail.com